The pandemic involuntarily introduced millions of people to remote working lifestyles. Through this culture shock, many employees reassessed what they valued at work, and discovered a better work-life balance in the process. The pressure is on for companies to incorporate that work-life balance.
Fortunately, there are in fact a number of ways companies can do this, and forward-thinking workplaces are already on the ball. You don’t have to think too far outside of the box. How about the addition of catering lunch ideas? Providing team lunch isn’t just a fun way to give back: it could save you time, money, and resources in the long run. In this article, we look at the top 14 office catering ideas for your team.
1. Sushi – It may not be the first thing that springs to mind, but this traditional Japanese food is one of the most popular dishes in the country. What’s more, it’s a versatile dish that can be adjusted according to your staff’s preferences.
2. Pizza – This needs no introduction, but let us try. Pizza is one of the most well-loved dishes in the known universe: it’s quick, easy to order via a local restaurant, and easy to distribute. Provide a variety of topping options and everyone is sure to find something they like.
3. Bagel Spread – Whether it’s for breakfast or lunch, bagels are a subtle, snacky way to show your employees that you care. Plus, you can spread all sorts of things on them, from salmon to avocado and pico de gallo.
4. Grilled Cheese/Paninis – Nothing is quicker and more convenient than a hot, crispy sandwich. Universally loved, it comes in nearly unlimited variations, from classic grilled cheese, to ham and cheese, to tuna paninis. This is a lunch option you really can’t go wrong with.
5. Fried Chicken – If you want to treat your team to a bit of oily debauchery, then fried chicken is a guaranteed treat. One of the most universally loved tastes in all of America, try classic crispy fried or the increasingly “hot” chicken variety.
6. Curries – You can’t go wrong with a hearty curry dish. Whether you want to serve chicken tikka, sweet potato Balti, or beef madras, you can easily cater to everybody’s dietary needs and preferences. Who doesn’t love a curry?
7. Quinoa Salad with Vegetables – Another great option for a team lunch is a quinoa salad with vegetables. Quinoa is a nutritious grain high in protein and fiber, and it goes well with many different types. You can include a variety of vegetables in your salad, or you can stick to one or two favourites. Either way, your employees will love this healthy and tasty dish.
8. Acai Bowls – Perfect for a hot summer's day, acai bowls come with a variety of topping options. Sweet, tangy, refreshing and fibrous, it’s hard to find a better food for breakfast or lunch.
9. Mac n’ Cheese – Want to show your team that you care a lot while throwing in some carbs to boot? Macaroni and cheese is your best bet. Available from countless places, when it’s done right, it’s just the ticket.
10. Burritos – Serve some spicy, jam-packed burritos for Mexican food lovers in your workplace. You might want to create a Chipotle-style burrito bar, where your staff can make their own wrapped burritos or Mexican salad bowls.
11. Tacos – Tacos are a great way to spice things up and satisfy your employees. Make sure to provide options for the meat-eaters and the vegetarians or vegans in your office by offering a range of fillings, dairy and non-dairy cheeses, and sauces.
12. Noodles – Noodles are one of the best office catering ideas to spice things up and keep your employees satisfied. You can add a range of meats, vegetables, and sauces to the noodles, so your staff has multiple options to choose from.
13. Barbecue – If you have access to a garden and a BBQ grill, consider taking the team out there and ordering some barbecue in. The best way to give that important morale boost is to provide a social gathering as well as a feast, and few food types can conquer the mighty BBQ.
14. Stir-Fried Vegetables – Veggies provide a healthy option for your staff to fuel their bodies and brains with the nutrients that they need to focus on their work during the day. Offer a selection of options, such as roasted Mediterranean vegetables with olive oil or fresh veggies coated in soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
If you want to offer the perfect office catering ideas for your next meeting or office event, Ritual for Companies is a great solution. Through food perks, you can create an environment that brings everyone together, relieves stress, provides a space to share, and builds that team you’ve always wanted.